The bandstand is one of the centerpieces of Santa Barbara's Alameda Park, but it has fallen into disrepair and is unusable because of safety concerns.
Ventura County’s elderly population is set to explode in size. Meet those trying to cope with the silver tsunamiVentura County’s share of elderly residents is predicted to expand tremendously over the next few decades – quadrupling from around 18,000 today to 72,000 by 2060.
Do a good deed, and get a free Slurpee! Ventura County deputies rewarding kids doing the right thingPatrol officers will give certificates to kids they see doing things like wearing a helmet while skateboarding, or crossing a street properly.
Popular beachfront parking lot in Ventura County gets makeover in an attempt to prevent street racingSpeed bumps, cement parking barriers added to Punta Gorda parking lot, near Mussel Shoals.
It’s a way to reunite lost pets with their owners.
January's storms carried sediment into creeks which feed the nature preserve. Flood control officials say the situation puts Carpinteria at risk.
It’s estimated there are over five trillion pieces of plastic in the ocean and the Santa Barbara County community is cracking down on single-use plastics.
It’s an issue across the Tri-Counties.
KCLU would like to thank our beloved colleague Willa Sandmeyer as she steps back from her duties as the fulltime host of Morning Edition.
In Case You Missed It...
National and Global Stories
- Biden hails bipartisan deal to avert debt default in a rare Oval Office address
- More than 200 people are dead and 800 hurt after 2 trains derail in India
- Mary Trump, E. Jean Carroll and Jennifer Taub launch romance novel on Substack
- A lullaby really can work magic. Science tells us why and how
- Congress created changes to food assistance. Here's what they mean