beach_and_pier_-_2200x270_-_with_npr_and_cal_lu_1.jpg
Play Live Radio
Next Up:
0:00
0:00
Available On Air Stations

Fire Breaks Out In Residence Hall On South Coast College Campus

Fire crews responded quickly to a call at Westmont College in Montecito yesterday, where they extinguished flames in a closet at the Page residence hall.

The fire took place around 6 pm, and forced 200 students from their rooms for the night.

Power was also cut from the building as a precaution.

Investigators believe a camping stove was in use in the closet where the fire broke out.

One student was transferred to cottage hospital for the night with burn injuries.

Related Stories