beach_and_pier_-_2200x270_-_with_npr_and_cal_lu_1.jpg
Play Live Radio
Next Up:
0:00
0:00
Available On Air Stations
Environment

South Coast Child Bitten By Snake While Trying To Save Dog

A 5-year-old boy has a rattlesnake bite on his right toe after he saved his dog.

Lenin Knox was in his yard with his dog, Sunshine, when he pushed the dog out of the way.

The snake bit him instead. He was taken to Cottage Hospital and needed multiple vials of anti-venom to recover.

Cottage says they see 800 snake bites a year, and they're very common in the spring.