Authorities say a problem with an automated chlorine dispersal system was responsible for Wednesday night's emergency at a pool in Ventura County, which injured 19 people.
It happened just after six p.m, at Daland Swim School in Thousand Oaks. There was apparently some chlorine routinely used to keep the pool water clean stuck in the pump system when it switched on, as kids were using the pool. The kids reported feeling sick, and having trouble breathing.
The Ventura County Fire Department set up for a mass casualty incident. 12 of the 19 victims were taken to a hospital, but none of the injuries were reported to be serious.