Play Live Radio
Next Up:
Available On Air Stations

Chemical Spill At South Coast Hotel Sends Two To Hospital


Two people were taken to a hospital from treatment of injuries they suffered from a chemical leak at a South Coast hotel.

Montecito firefighters were called to the Four Seasons Biltmore at around 11:30 Tuesday morning by reports of a container leaking a hazardous material.

They found about 50 gallons of a chemical used for sanitizing food services had leaked from a 300 gallon container in the hotel’s loading dock area.

They contained the spill before it could spread, and a company which specializes in hazardous materials handled the cleanup.

Two hotel employees were taken to a hospital because of chemical exposure. One was treated for exposure to the chemical on their hands, and the other for breathing the fumes.

Firefighters described the injuries as minor.

Related Stories