One estimate puts the reconstruction at more than $5 billion – or about a quarter of the country's GDP. Countries — and relief groups — are pledging to help.
Bartender Ran Duan will represent the U.S. in a Bacardi international cocktail competition. His specialty? "Father's Advice," a stirred-not-shaken cocktail that's a testament to his hardworking dad.
Google will allow patent holders to "tell Google about patents they're willing to sell at a price they set." Tech firms have been targeted by "trolls" who own patents and charge them licensing fees.
Saturday's magnitude-7.8 quake released stress that was building for 150 years, scientists say, and it reshuffled tension to nearby faults. There's a 50-50 chance of a strong aftershock within a year.
New mandates in California will limit how much water graveyards can use to keep their grass green. The people who run cemeteries don't want crispy, parched grass to feel like an insult on top of loss.
- Chipotle Says Adios To GMOs, As Food Industry Strips Away Ingredients |
- The Largest For-Profit College Shutdown In History |
- Tsarnaev Defense Urges Jury To Spare His Life |
- Authors Criticize Pen America's Decision To Honor 'Charlie Hebdo' Survivors |
- Thousands Say Goodbye To Freddie Gray In Baltimore |
- President Obama Relaxed Drone Rules For CIA Operations In Pakistan |
- U.S., Japan Announce Updated Defense Guidelines |
- Stephen Hawking Says Zayn Malik Could Still Be In One Direction In A Parallel Universe |
- Chemical Change In Synthetic Marijuana Suspected Of Causing Illnesses |
- Loretta Lynch Sworn In As U.S. Attorney General |