An open revolt among moderate Kansas Republicans has clouded Gov. Sam Brownback's re-election hopes and focused national attention on the tax-cutting experiment at the heart of his "red-state model."
Dozens of children have filed complaints saying they were subjected to inhumane treatment at Border Patrol stations. The complaints center on the holding cells, referred to as "freezers" by migrants.
Seven years after the subprime mortgage crisis, the U.S. economy has not yet fully recovered. Now two economists have come up with new evidence about what's holding the economy back.
Military war dogs serve combat tours, save lives and suffer injuries like the soldiers they serve. On Capitol Hill this week, dogs and their handlers made the case that all dogs should be brought home from war and treated with the respect they've earned.
An Arizona inmate took almost two hours to die after receiving a lethal injection Wednesday.
- New Rules Proposed For Oil-Carrying Trains In Wake Of Fiery Crashes |
- Iowa Mayor Calls For 'Caring Cities' To Take In Young Immigrants |
- In Detroit Porch Shooting Trial, It's Murder Vs. Self-Defense |
- The 313 Turns 313: Happy Birthday, Detroit |
- FAA Lifts Ban On U.S. Flights To Tel Aviv |
- Ariz. Governor Orders Review After Execution Lasts 2 Hours |
- Arizona Execution Of Inmate Takes Nearly 2 Hours |
- Democrats Make New Bid To Require Donor Transparency |
- Obama Declares Emergency As Huge Fires Burn In Washington State |
- Summer Program For Hungry Kids Gets Creative With Food Delivery |