Hear music and see pictures from fantastic performances that electrified the 2014 edition of WOMEX, the foremost marketplace for world music.
On this week's All Songs Considered, we share dance music from Belle & Sebastian and unreleased Velvet Underground, plus Bob Boilen discusses new discoveries from this year's CMJ Music Marathon.
Young recorded all of Storytone's 10 songs with either a 92-piece orchestra or an elaborate big band, but wisely includes beautifully stripped-down acoustic versions, too.
Every fall, hundreds of bands migrate to New York City for the annual CMJ Music Marathon. Bob Boilen wants to share a few standouts from this year's lineup.
The iconic record label celebrates its 75 anniversary in concert. Hear from Wayne Shorter and McCoy Tyner, Robert Glasper and Norah Jones in a merger of the company's rich history and bright present.
- Ghosts In The Music: A Spooky Songs Quiz |
- What Is It About Kendrick Lamar? |
- No Shame: Glen Campbell Documentary Follows Singer's Goodbye Tour |
- Cafe Tacvba's Groundbreaking Influence, Then And Now |
- Herbie Hancock: 'On A Path To Find My Own Answer' |
- T.I.: 'We Make Music That Come From The Heart' |
- Great Danes: Three Symphonic Albums By Danish Composers |
- Who Sang It First? Mockingbirds And Musicians Cover Each Other In New Orleans |
- Pat Benatar And Neil Giraldo: Tales From A Rock 'N' Roll Marriage |
- 'Season Of The Witch' Shines A (Black)Light On The Occult In Rock |