In the 1960s, the Beatles sent their most loyal fans a Christmas gift every year — a flexi-disc. NPR's Rachel Martin talks to music writer Colin Fleming about the annual holiday single.
The singer and guitarist revisits "Hi-Fi," from his much-loved breakthrough album, Transistor Radio.
If we're being honest, there was no consensus in R&B this year. Too many things happened, and we missed some ground-hugging gems, even a couple made by legends. These are ten of those.
John Schneider and Tom Wopat, the good old boys from The Dukes of Hazzard, have recorded a Christmas album. NPR's Rachel Martin speaks with them about nurturing a creative partnership offscreen.
Michel Martin has spent much of the last few months on the road, and she has been moved by the people she's met and the stories they've shared with her. She remembers her 'Top 5' moments of 2014.
- Lucinda Williams: Tiny Desk Concert |
- The 10 Best Electronic Albums Of 2014 |
- Wexford Carols Brings Irish Holiday Relics To Life |
- Amy LaVere On Mountain Stage |
- In The Still Of The Night, There's A Riot In Garth Brooks |
- The Thistle & Shamrock: Alan Reid |
- George Shearing's Holiday Set On Piano Jazz |
- First Watch: La Dispute, 'Woman (Reading)' |
- The 2014 NPR Music Jazz Critics Poll |
- An Upset Either Way: Steve Lehman And Wadada Leo Smith Triumph |