Prince has re-signed with Warner Bros. Records 18 years after an acrimonious split, and will release an expanded edition of Purple Rain in time for its 30th anniversary.
Wainwright creates music that is theatrical, emotional and operatic. He stopped by NPR's studios to perform a few of his hits.
Lisa Robinson knows how to talk — and how to make others, especially musicians, want to talk. The veteran rock journalist speaks with NPR's Wade Goodwyn about her four decades behind the scenes.
Two writers dig to the bottom of why other people's bad taste in music bothers us so much, and along the way, lay out the new rules for thinking and writing about pop.
The songs, videos and musical moments that stopped the All Songs host in his tracks. This week: A cat video, a live double rainbow and all the soles you can shake a camera at.
- Merchandise Sprawls Out In The Sunlight |
- Why Metallica's Bassist Is Producing A Jazz Documentary |
- Jeremiah Jae And Oliver The 2nd: 'Take It Back To The Essence' |
- Drum Fill Friday, From Guest Quizmaster S. Carey |
- In New Mexico, A Brotherhood Of Ancient Hymns |
- A Visitor's Guide To Bach's 'St. Matthew Passion' |
- Lakker, 'Thermohaline' |
- Salsa Legend Cheo Feliciano Dies |
- God, Drugs And Lizard Aliens: Yep, It's Country Music |
- The Good Listener: Does The World Still Need Cassettes? |