On our latest show, we get metaphysical with new music that questions the state of humanity and technology along with our role in an infinite universe. Plus, new sounds in country and folk.
Know your bird calls from barnyard bellowing? For Earth Day, test your ear at recognizing the animal sounds songwriters and composers work into their music, from funk classics to classical sonatas.
One of the world's best jazz drummers is also a singer-songwriter, session man for Bob Dylan and Joni Mitchell and the son of a preacher man. It's all potently distilled for his band of over 15 years.
The Las Vegas production of Shakespeare's The Tempest features music by Tom Waits and direction by the usually silent magician Teller, who you can hear speak (!) about the production here.
Fans of The Decemberists know Black Prairie, since many of those band members make up this Portland rock-infused bluegrass band. The group's new video is stuffed with dark humor — pun intended.
- Song Premiere: The Jazz June, 'Over Underground' |
- Lil Bibby: 'I Need $100 Million In My Bank Account' |
- Chicken Soup For The Ears: New Music To Cure What Ails You |
- Rufus Wainwright Shares Songs, And A Few Stories |
- Prince Fans, Prepare For The Deluge |
- Why We Fight About Pop Music |
- Why Metallica's Bassist Is Producing A Jazz Documentary |
- How A Music Writer Learned Trust Is The Ultimate Backstage Pass |
- Drum Fill Friday, From Guest Quizmaster S. Carey |
- In New Mexico, A Brotherhood Of Ancient Hymns |