Check out our favorite dance tracks from the past month, featuring a new anthem from Recondite and some not-so-Basic House from the founder of Opal Tapes.
On this week's show: Moody rock from Ex Hex, a deluxe version of a Smashing Pumpkins classic, the enchanting voice of Icelandic singer Ólöf Arnalds, great grooves from Tennis and more.
Plant's 10th solo album lovingly layers elements in ways that mirror memory, creating new constructs from floating shards of the musical past.
What makes an essential rock song? Music journalist Greil Marcus argues that it's not the stature of the performer, but the degree to which a song tells the story of rock 'n' roll itself.
Join NPR Music for a live video webcast with alt-J. The British trio will perform songs from its strange and beautiful new album, This Is All Yours, live from New York City on Sept. 2 at 9 p.m. ET.
- Restorations, 'Separate Songs' |
- Hip-Hop In Print: Brooklyn Publisher Looks To 'Reverse Gentrify' Literature |
- Hozier, 'Jackie And Wilson' |
- Heavy Rotation: 10 Songs Public Radio Can't Stop Playing |
- Songs As Soundtracks To The Story Of Latin Life |
- Latitudes: The International Music You Must Hear In August |
- Taking The Tuba Above And Beyond The Low End |
- How The 'Kung Fu Fighting' Melody Came To Represent Asia |
- Metropolis: 8/30/14 |
- KEXP Presents: Shabazz Palaces |