Music : NPR
Spirited and full of stellar harmonies, the new song by the Bay Area band working in the English folk genre takes inspiration from Greek mythology.
When filmmaker Ryan Coogler and composer Ludwig Goransson went to work on Creed, they wanted to create an ambient, urban score like the one Goransson composed for Fruitvale Station. But they found they couldn't get away from the iconic theme Bill Conti composed for the original Rocky.
The new compilation, This Record Belongs To______, comes packaged with a kids' turntable. Will future generations who are not under the spell of their parents' nostalgia ever learn to use them?
A dreamy black and white video for the prettiest and most vulnerable song off the feminist punk band's last album, Time To Go Home.
Kander and his partner, Fred Ebb, wrote the songs for a number of musicals, including Chicago, Kiss of the Spider Woman and Cabaret. His new double album is John Kander: Hidden Treasures.
- Boy & Bear On World Cafe |
- The Thistle & Shamrock: Hometown Song |
- Songs We Love: Paul Burch, 'Meridian' |
- An Artist Grows Into His Talent: Revisiting Sinatra's Radio Years |
- 'You Can't Prepare Yourself': A Conversation With Adele |
- Hans Abrahamsen Wins The Grawemeyer Award For Music |
- Baio On World Cafe |
- Remembering Cynthia Robinson, Co-Founder Of Sly & The Family Stone |
- New Mix: Missy Elliott, Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, PWR BTTM And More |
- The Kentucky Headhunters On Mountain Stage |