The Atlanta rapper, actor and businessman spoke about being mentored by Andrew Young and using songwriting to talk to himself, as well as everybody else.
With its roots in punk and heartland rock, LP3 is a rattling, unpinnable record that doesn't know when to stop baring its soul.
This week on All Songs Considered: the reunion of a band very dear to our hearts, The Flaming Lips cover Sgt. Pepper's and selections from NPR Music's showcase during the CMJ music festival.
From our panel of public-radio hosts to you: a hand-picked sampler of free downloads, including new music from Son Little, Ty Segall, Rome Fortune, Kaytranada, Allo Darlin' and more.
Now that Taylor Swift has left Nashville behind, a handful of other up-and-coming stars are showing how country crosses over with other genres — and hoping for success that does the same.
- Viking's Choice: Chumped, 'Name That Thing' |
- Doug Paisley feat. Bonnie 'Prince' Billy, 'Until I Find You' |
- Jessie Ware On Learning To Trust Herself |
- Viking's Choice: Black Clouds, 'And Then I Dove' |
- 'You Cannot Go Back': Annie Lennox On 'Nostalgia' |
- The Right Way To Complain About The Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame |
- After 200 Years, A Schubert Song Still Resonates |
- Sleater-Kinney Reunites, Announces New Album |
- Broken Water, 'Love And Poverty' |
- The Good Listener: How Can I Become A 'Music Person'? |