Operators of the Turkey Point nuclear plant near Miami have received federal permission to run their cooling system above the old 100 degree limit. The decision is meant to combat algae growth and rising temperature in cooling canals, but environmental groups in nearby Biscayne National Park are concerned.
Dog owners don't doubt that their pooch has feelings. But scientists aren't so sure. An experiment found that dogs act upset, dare we say jealous, when their owners ignore them for a stuffed animal.
He lived in a village in Tanzania. He dreamed of being an astronaut. Now he's studying in a Florida flight academy — and hoping his secret potato salad recipe will bring support to pay the tuition.
A Beverly Hills auction house has an unusual fossil for sale. It's not an ancient animal. It's something an ancient animal left behind — and it's very, very long.
A significant percentage of obese kids think their weight is just fine. But do they need to know the truth to get healthier?
- Pop Quiz: 20 Percent Chance Of Rain. Do You Need An Umbrella? |
- Thousands Of Migrating Birds Take Their Layover In A Texas Parking Lot |
- Don't Pop That Bubble Wrap! Scientists Turn Trash Into Test Tubes |
- What's Better Than A Total Eclipse Of The Sun? Check This |
- Rosetta Spacecraft Readies For Rendezvous With Comet |
- Son's Mental Illness Prompts Billionaire's Big Donation To Psychiatric Research |
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists |
- 45 Years Ago, Armstrong Took His 'One Small Step' |
- Astronaut Who Walked On The Moon: 'It Was Science Fiction To Us' |
- With Malaysia Airlines Crash, A Loss For AIDS Research |