Librarians are being reassigned to classrooms. In Illinois, librarians must also have teaching certifications, and most have endorsements to teach specific grades and subjects.
School districts are beginning to cope with the recent influx of new students from Central America. Many have little education and most are just beginning to learn English.
Many Spanish-speaking immigrants want their children to stay fluent in Spanish even as they learn English. Bilingual home schooling does that on a more personal level.
Hurricane Katrina ravaged New Orleans and swept away many of its public schools. Now, the city's largest district is unveiling a transformed school system, composed entirely of charter schools.
The bill states that students on college campuses would need "affirmative consent" before engaging in sexual activity. Silence or a lack of resistance would not constitute consent.
- Want To Widen Your Worldview? A Random Roomie Helps |
- Kids And Screen Time: What Does The Research Say? |
- Meet The Squirrel Whisperer Of Happy Valley |
- The LA School iPad Scandal: What You Need To Know |
- Is Google's Free Software A Good Deal For Educators? |
- Student Activists Keep Pressure On Campus Sexual Assault |
- Turnitin And The Debate Over Anti-Plagiarism Software |
- Pediatricians Say School Should Start Later For Teens' Health |
- University Tackles Sexual Assault Before The Parties Start |
- Budget Cuts Threaten A Unique Alabama Prison Education Program |