Arts & Life
CBS' new cop show Battle Creek is based on a 12-year-old script by Breaking Bad creator Vince Gilligan. It's among three new network shows that aim to reinvent old TV concepts.
The man behind the look of Selma and A Most Violent Year talks about depicting violence, participating in history and being a black cinematographer in Hollywood.
One of rock music's most loved, feared and prolific scribes, the 72-year-old Christgau says he knew early on that he liked criticism better than journalism: "I didn't want to get into people's faces."
In his novel She Will Build Him a City, Raj Kamal Jha weaves the reality he sees as a journalist in New Delhi — where many gravitate looking for a better future — into a fictional, magical world.
Rearrange the letters in a four-letter word and a five-letter word to get a pair of synonyms. For example, given "time" and "night," you would say "item" and "thing."
- 'The Last Man': An Odd Premise, Says Its Creator, But Oddly Relatable |
- Play Depicts Scalia As Supreme Court's 'Originalist' |
- Mr. Spock And The Consolations Of Solitude |
- This Weekend, Experience The Enduring Power Of 'The Millstone' |
- Diversity Sells — But Hollywood Remains Overwhelmingly White, Male |
- 'Whoa, Mama!': A Voice Actress's Road To Fame As A 10-Year-Old Boy |
- Iraq's National Museum To Open For First Time Since 2003 Invasion |
- Not My Job: Drummer Marky Ramone Gets Quizzed On Marky Mark |
- A 'Show Boat' With An Asian-American Cast Hits The Rocks |
- Silly, Saucy, Scary: Photos Show The Many Faces Of Ugly Fruit |