Arts & Life
Lifetime's new makeover show layers racial politics on top of the uncomfortable dynamics of manipulating beauty and style choices, and comes up with something to offend just about everyone.
C.K. won an Emmy for outstanding writing in a comedy series for an episode on his FX show Louie. In 2011, C.K. told Fresh Air about making his comedy special and his relationship with other comedians.
Take a moment to reflect on some big and beautiful ideas.
Glen Weldon and Linda Holmes take a few minutes to check in on the state of the Bravo-to-Lifetime reality show that dares to ask: Is it shiny enough for Heidi?
Also: Kobo will release a waterproof e-reader; new poems from Idra Novey and Marylen Grigas.
- 'Lock In': A Cop Story For Robot Lovers, A Robot Story For Cop Lovers |
- Poet Tishani Doshi Reads Her Summer Poem |
- Setting Your Movie In Boston? Bettah Get The Accent Right |
- Emmy Awards 2014: Safe Choices In A Time Of Groundbreaking TV |
- Marine Turned Novelist Brings Brutal, Everyday Work Of War Into Focus |
- From Walter White To LBJ, Bryan Cranston Is A Master Of Transformation |
- Bronx Baker Turns Dominican Cakes Into A Sweet American Dream |
- Book News: Desmond O'Grady, Irish Poet (And Fellini Bit Actor), Dies |
- Exclusive First Read: 'The Bone Clocks' By David Mitchell |
- 'Land And Sea' Is An Unceasingly Bleak Story |