The urban oasis boasts about 170,000 different types of microbes, recent dirt samples show. That diversity is comparable to a tropical rainforest. Plus, about 2,000 species are found only in the park.
Lebanon's civil war ended 25 years ago, but the sectarian divisions that sliced its capital into different enclaves still hold today. Everyone co-exists relatively peacefully — most of the time.
Diagnosing and treating Ebola isn't so hard, health workers say; hospitals across the U.S. should be ready. But initial symptoms, such as fever and headache, can look the same as other illnesses.
Chinese mainlanders visiting Hong Kong have expressed amazement, even jealousy at the polite, civic-spirited and considerate crowds of protesters. But some on the mainland see activists as traitors.
It turns out the Secret Service isn't too good at protecting the White House. Maybe one reason is that we don't want it to be.
- Movement Against Female Genital Mutilation Gains Spotlight In U.K. |
- When Can A Big Storm Or Drought Be Blamed On Climate Change? |
- Take A New Test Aimed At The World's English-Language Learners |
- Amid Scandal, Secret Service Director Julia Pierson Resigns |
- Obamacare's First Year: How'd It Go? |
- Long-Term Birth Control Works Best For Teens, Pediatricians Say |
- Man Convicted In 2010 Oregon Bomb Plot Sentenced To 30 Years |
- 5 Things We Learned From New Database Of Payments To Doctors |
- How A Law From The Civil War Fights Modern-Day Fraud |
- Michael Dunn Found Guilty In Florida 'Loud Music' Shooting |