The Netherlands, which lost 193 of its citizens in the shoot-down of the Malaysia Airlines flight, is also negotiating to send 40 unarmed police to the site in eastern Ukraine.
Secretary of State John Kerry wants fighting to stop temporarily as Ramadan ends this weekend. Both Israel and Hamas are considering the proposal.
President François Hollande said that all 116 people died and that one black box had been recovered. France's interior minister said weather likely contributed to the crash.
The State Department says it has evidence that Moscow is lobbing artillery across its border at Ukrainian government forces, and that the Kremlin plans to ship rocket artillery to the rebels.
The presidents of Honduras and Guatemala also called for more aggressive cooperation with the U.S. to curb the violence and poverty they say is driving child migrants to the U.S.
- DOJ Reaches Agreement For Oversight Of Albuquerque PD |
- Who Are The Kids Of The Migrant Crisis? |
- UNICEF Report On Female Genital Mutilation Holds Hope And Woe |
- U.S. Teens Still Lag In Getting Vaccinated Against HPV |
- Globe-Trotting Virus Hides Inside People's Gut Bacteria |
- This Suit Keeps Ebola Out — So How Can A Health Worker Catch It? |
- Advocates Say Military Dogs Aren't Pets — They're Veterans |
- A Simple Way To Reduce Stroke Risk: Take Your Pulse |
- Iowa Mayor Calls For 'Caring Cities' To Take In Young Immigrants |
- Zoo In Argentina Says 'Sad Bear' Too Old To Go To Canada |