KCLU 88.3FM - 102.3FM - 1340AM

Listen Now RadioLab 1:00pm - 2:00pm

Fire Damages Youth Hostel On South Coast

Posted on Friday, November 8, 2013 3:15pm


A fire caused by a dryer damaged a youth hostel on the South Coast, forcing the evacuation of about 15 people.

It happened just before noon today, on the 100 block of Chapala Street in downtown Santa Barbara.  Firefighters arrived to find smoke pouring from the laundry room area, but they were able to isolate, and control  the blaze before it could spread through the building.

No one was hurt.


KCLU Local News

KCLU Featured Stories