KCLU 88.3FM - 102.3FM - 1340AM

Listen Now Marketplace 6:30pm - 7:00pm

Fire Causes Scare In Ventura Medical Building

Posted on Tuesday, August 20, 2013 1:45pm


A fire in a medical building caused a big scare in Ventura, but it was controlled before it could cause serious damage.

Firefighters were called to the 100 block of North Brent Street just after 2:30 yesterday afternoon.

They arrived to find smoke throughout the fourth floor of the complex.

Some firefighters helped evacuate people from the fourth, and fifth floors of the building, while other determined a clothes dryer had caught on fire, and sent smoke throughout the building via its air conditioning system.

No one was hurt, and the fire was quickly extinguished.


KCLU Local News

KCLU Featured Stories