A Santa Barbara County firefighter was injured today, while battling a fire at a Goleta restaurant.
Firefighters were called to the 5700 block of Hollister Avenue at around 10:30 this morning.
A grease fire in a fryer, and its hood system at “The Habit” restaurant was out of control, and efforts by the restaurant’s staff to control it were unsuccessful.
The firefighters were able to quickly contain the blaze, and keep it from spreading, but a firefighter suffered second degree burns to both of his hands.
He was treated for his injuries at the scene.