KCLU 88.3FM - 102.3FM - 1340AM

Listen Now To the Best of Our Knowledge 9:00pm - 11:00pm

Woman Rescued From Smoke Filled Home In Ventura

Posted on Tuesday, December 11, 2012 12:26am


A woman is recovering from smoke inhalation, after she was found on the floor of a burning home in Ventura.

Firefighters were called to the 6000 block of Sparrow Street just before
1 p.m. yesterday.

With smoke pouring from the home when they arrived, Ventura firefighters forced their way inside, and found an adult woman lying on a bedroom floor.

They took her outside, where she was treated, but didn’t end up going to the hospital.

The firefighters quickly knocked down the blaze, which was caused by some material burning outside of a fireplace. They say the home apparently wasn’t equipped with smoke detectors.


KCLU Local News

KCLU Featured Stories