KCLU 88.3FM - 102.3FM - 1340AM

Listen Now All Things Considered 3:30pm - 6:30pm

Candle Blamed For Early Morning Fire At Ventura Duplex

Posted on Monday, November 5, 2012 12:04pm


A burning candle is being blamed for an early morning fire today which heavily damaged a Ventura duplex.

The fire was discovered just before two this morning, on the 200 block of Vince Street. Fire investigators say the candle caught some window dressings on fire, with the blaze then stretching to the unit. To make things worse, the unit’s smoke detectors weren’t working.

Still, the two people inside were still able to get out safely.

Ventura firefighters were able to contain the fire before it could spread to the other unit of the duplex.


KCLU Local News

KCLU Featured Stories