Residents of an Oxnard apartment complex had a rough night last night, after being displaced by a minor fire which damaged their building.
The blaze was discovered just after 8:30 p.m., in a complex on the 200 block of Orchard Place. A short on an electrical panel caused the small fire, which was quickly put out without seriously damaging any of the building’s units.
But, the building’s power outage meant the 30 residents couldn’t stay overnight.
The buildings managers made arrangements for temporary housing overnight, and repairs were made to the complex today.