KCLU 88.3FM - 102.3FM - 1340AM

Listen Now This American Life 7:00pm - 8:00pm

Fire Causes Scare at Ventura Senior Housing Complex

Posted on Monday, June 6, 2011 2:12am


Fire investigators say a cigarette started a blaze in a third story unit of a Ventura senior housing complex, forcing a number of evacations.  The blaze was discovered just after eight a.m. Sunday at the Ventura Inn, on the 400 block of East Main Street.  The third floor of the five story complex was evacauted,  Firefighters quickly put on the fire.  No one was hurt.   Investigators say the unit didn’t have a working smoke detector.


KCLU Local News

KCLU Featured Stories